The Vice President of Membership is an elected position and shall serve for one year and shall not be eligible to serve more than 2 consecutive terms in the same position. The Vice President shall attend all meetings of the PTA and of the Executive Committee and Board and shall perform such other duties as may be delegated to him/her.
- Verify the receipt of blank annual membership cards and control distribution.
- Coordinate the annual membership campaign.
- Make announcements regarding the importance of membership at PTA General Meetings and in newsletters.
- Counting the monies (dues and budget contributions) collected and submit to Treasurer for deposit.
- Prepare and distribute PTA membership cards as per membership dues received.
- Record and send the proper data to the County and State offices by the deadline dates, as needed.
- Apply for applicable membership awards.
- Periodically update the board and general membership regarding membership status.
- Present any new ideas for improving the membership program.
- Maintain a “Procedure Book” to be passed on to his/her successor.