The President is an elected position. The president shall serve for one year and shall not be eligible to serve more than 2 consecutive terms in the same position. The President shall attend all meetings of the PTA and of the Executive Committee and Board, and other committee meetings as needed.
- Preside over all meetings of the PTA.
- Preside over all meetings of the Executive committee and board.
- Determine the meeting agenda in cooperation with the recording secretary.
- Build an effective PTA team that can work cooperatively to enrich the educational experiences of our children while supporting the overall PTA mission and purposes.
- Meet with the principal as needed to ensure a cooperative relationship between PTA and the school.
- Maintain relationship with Pinellas County Council of PTAs, Florida PTA, and National PTA to stay informed on issues and organization requirements.
- Serve as an ex officio member, as requested, of all committees except the nominating committee.
- Maintain a “Procedure Book” to be passed on to his/her successor.